Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:50:36 -0500
From:      "Webster, Andrew" <awebster@connectalk.com>
To:        <danial_thom@yahoo.com>, "Ian Lord" <lordi@msdi.ca>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Multiple routes to same destination?

Well, in that case, an ISP wouldn't want to use FreeBSD in their core rou=
ters :( :(

In this particular case, I have redundant links (L1 and L2) between two l=
ocations (Loc 1 and Loc 2) with two FreeBSD routers at each location (R1/=
R2, and R3/R4) which are running OSPF to redistribute routing information=
 between locations.
Since FreeBSD limits the entries for a particular network to only one act=
ive entry, the all the traffic for would either go on R1->L1->R4 or R2->L=
2->R3, but not both.

Loc 1___ /---R1--L1--R4---\___ Loc 2

Andrew=20