Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:33:23 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Julian Morgan" <jmorgan@mitchells.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Apache and minimum server requirements

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 01:34:54 +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

>> Would you people please let me know what are your thoughts on the minimum
>server
>> specs for the following
>>
>>      I have a web site that is running freebsd4.3stable
>>      it is a personal web site - so there might be 20 hits per day max
>>      it has thumb nails - 10 per page, 5K each in a picture gallary...
>>      It has 3 cgi scripts , web counter, a program called newspro - which you
>> might have heard - is an automated news message board,
>>           and it has cgi password authentication...
>>
>>      I will not have this server run anything else - but maybe ssh and ftp -
>so
>> I can update the code, but squid and sendmail will not be running
>>
>>      I was thinking I could get away with a pentium 200 with 64MegRam (maybe
>128
>> - but I don't think so...

I run apache,qmail,ftp,ssh,socks5,ntp,and dual dialup on an AMD k6-266
with 64megs.  I get around 200-300 mails a day.  so if you aren't
running a mailserver, that should be fine.  if you were running a
decent mail server, I'd go with 128megs of ram

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net