Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:02:33 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, Ignacio Cristerna <ignacioc@avantel.net>, freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine

> Daemon News has always been interested in having a print version.  But we
> would need some pretty good sponsorship  to get it to happen.  All of us
> still have day jobs.

Someone in Japan needs to talk with the publishers of BSD Magazine
there again, I think.  Last time I discussed this with them, which was
back in April I think, they expressed a keen interest in doing an
english language version of their BSD-oriented magazine and wanted to
know more about the market demographics and size of the subscriber base.

Unfortunately, I can only make numbers up when it comes to the
potential subscriber base and it would require someone who's been
"publishing" for awhile to come up with the hard numbers for page
views, click-throughs, whatever, that they require in making this
decision.  That's not me. :)

- Jordan