Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 22:47:03 +0200
From:      Pawel Krawczyk <kravietz@ceti.pl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   silo overflows on high-speed serial ports

Hello, I'm trying to use a high-speed serial port under FreeBSD-3.5 stable,
but I only get such kernel messages:

sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 29691)

The port is ISA card with jumper configured divisor, set up to 460800.
It is properly detected by the kernel and used to send PPP with pppd
using 115200 speed, which should work thanks to the hardware divisor.
Unfortunately it only gets the overflows. The same hardware (card+modem)
works under Linux, so the setup is correct.

What am I doing wrong with the FreeBSD configuration? Should I use
some additional flags in the kernel configuration? Thanks for any
suggestions.

--
Paweł Krawczyk <http://ceti.pl/~kravietz/>;