Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 20:33:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        rdm@falcon.ic.net (Rob)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't use keyboard after compiling new kernel

As Rob wrote:

> I compile new kernels a lot - I like to experament with things. So the
> latest one I compiled was identical to the last one that I used except
> that it used cons25 terminal instead of vt220.

Sounds confusing.  If you've only changed the TERM settings (that is
where the names ``cons25'' and ``vt220'' belong), then why did you
build a new kernel?

Or did you compile a kernel with the pcvt console driver?  (If so,
what did you use in your config file?)

Either way, i think the only way to get it back alive is to put a
kernel.GENERIC somwhere from a fixit floppy onto the machine.  You can
try booting single-user and see if this helps. (`-s' at the
bootprompt)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/