Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 20:22:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Mr G <ggunning@tinet.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with modem

What kind of modem do you have? Is it a winmodem? Is it setup correctly
in the kernel? Can you manually connect to the modem using tip? Are you
using kernel or userland ppp?

We can usually help if you supply us with enough information, but you
should always consult the documentation at www.freebsd.org first.

Also, you shouldn't be using a non-stable release (ie. 3.0) if you are new
to FreeBSD.

Merry Christmas!

Patrick Seal
<patseal@hyperhost.net>