Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:11:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dvdrip 0.44 kicks up strange error on 4.6 and 4.7

Hey there, I just CVS'd my ports and installed the new
dvdrip, but now when I go to rip something (when I hit
RIP selected title...) I get a strange error:

No matching processes were found
Can't use an undefined symbol reference at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Video/DVDRip/GUI/Project/TitleTab.pm
line 708

The strange thing is that the dvdrip 0.41 port ran
fine.

The pertinent information is thus:

%uname -a
FreeBSD ftp.twigles.com 4.7-RC FreeBSD 4.7-RC #3: Sat
Sep 21 19:27:28 PDT 2002
twigles@ftp.twigles.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

%dmesg | grep -i dvd
acd0: DVD-ROM <COMPAQ DVD-ROM SD-608> at ata0-master
PIO4

Selected packages from pkg_info:
dvdrip-0.44
libdivxdecore-devel-0.4.0.50_1
libdvdcss-1.2.2
libdvdread-0.9.3
libxine-0.9.13
linux_base-6.1_3
transcode-0.6.0.5_1
windowmaker-0.80.1
xine-0.9.13

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  I tried
installing the 0.46 dvdrip by hand (it came out about
2 days ago) over 0.44 and it installed fine, but then
gave me a different error:

An internal exception was thrown!
The error message was:

Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Video::DVDRip::Job::Probe" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Video/DVDRip/GUI/Project/TitleTab.pm
line 588.

Ack.  I don't even know where to begin to troubleshoot
this as I'm far more at home doing security stuff than
multimedia.  But I want to replace Windows in all
things possible...please feel free to request more
info or point me to a manual/doc.

=====