Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 05:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marty Gordon <mlghome@CX63802-A.dt1.sdca.home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSUP dies with 'runtime error: ASSERT failed'

I've been trying to get my system to the latest 2.2-STABLE by running
cvsup on a regular basis. Unfortunately, my system eat some bad RAM and
barfed on me, and lost some files. When I try to run cvsup, it runs for a
while and then gives:

***
*** runtime error:
***    ASSERT failed
***    file "../src/RCSDelta.m3", line 182
***

and dumps core, exiting on 'signal 6'.

The last line logged always seems to be:
 Edit ports/www/apache-current/patches/patch-aa

I've tried ftping and rebuilding the cvsup source along with m3 and libs,
but it still fails. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

I'm going to try deleting the apache-current branch of www and try again
to see if there was something bad in there that was causing it to hang.
Other than that I'm at a loss as to what else to try.

If possible, please reply to 'mlg@a.crl.com', as my incoming POP to this
account isn't working.

Thanks,
Marty Gordon