Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:51:33 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-biased FreeBSD vs. Linux comparision

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:33:39AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 August 2000 at 18:30:33 -0300, Christian Jacken wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is someone aware of detailed non-biased FreeBSD vs. Linux comparision(s)?
>
> I like to think that http://www.daemonnews.org/200006/dadvocate.html
> is relatively unbiased.

The real problem with this kind of comparision is that both products
are moving targets and things seem to be changing fast in terms of
features and performance.

Personally, I like the way the FreeBSD project is managed using a
single CVS repository. The build-everything-from-source attitude is
what really made the difference for me.

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27