Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:26:38 -0500
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   php dependency hell

--AFQGHouA0VN8Ovbt

Hey people,

I'm trying to install Cacti, and it builds and installs fine. But, it's
looking for the php command-line binary as well, which the port did not pull
in for some reason.=20

So, I go to build php-cli, and install it.=20

[msoulier@kanga php4-cli]$ sudo make install
=3D=3D=3D>  Installing for php4-cli-4.4.2_1

=3D=3D=3D>  php4-cli-4.4.2_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      mod_php4-4.4.1,1

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4-cli.

But I need mod_php4 for apache. What guarantee do I have that php4-cli will
provide the same functionality?=20

Plus, this...

[msoulier@kanga php4-cli]$ sudo pkg_delete -n mod_php4-4.4.1,1
pkg_delete: package 'mod_php4-4.4.1,1' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
cacti-0.8.6h_41
php4-ctype-4.4.1
php4-extensions-1.0
php4-mysql-4.4.1
php4-overload-4.4.1
php4-pcre-4.4.1
php4-posix-4.4.1
php4-session-4.4.1
php4-tokenizer-4.4.1
php4-xml-4.4.1
php4-zlib-4.4.1
pkg_delete: 1 package deletion(s) failed

How do I resolve this? This looks like a huge mess.

Mike

--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
direction." --Albert Einstein