Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:49:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
To:        "Drill Bit1" <drillbit1@columbus.rr.com>

<freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: Re:? star office

    I understand that StarOffice works great via the ports system.

    The preferred options for productivity software under FreeBSD seem to be:

    1. Applixware (Native FreeBSD version http://www.applix.com)
    2. Star Office (Linux)
    3. KOffice (with KDE2 http://www.kde.org)

    I've tried all three, and have found that the feature set seems pretty similar (well, at least the feature set that I'm concerned about) is pretty similar, and the latter two are Free.  However, for 99$, Applixware is fully supported, and pretty nifty.

    marc.