Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:43:42 -0800
From:      "David Southwell" <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   system crash post kde4.3.5 upgrade

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance - for some help here -- I could sure use some.

OK as my recent posts show I started with quite a number of kde problems
since the upgrade to 4.3.5.

They were:
1. kde4 failed to load properly. Solved by first inserting the new path for
startkde in xinitrc then by deinstalling, recompiling and reinstalling
soprano and oxygen-icons. Then recompiling kdebase4-runtime.
2. kde keyboard would not function. Solved by deleting
.kde4/share/config/kaccessrc

3. I am left with

Total system crash in the following scenario.

(a) User logs in
(b) startx
(c) kde4 loads and use works the session
(d) user logs out x session terminates.
(e) user attempts to start a new x seession with:
(f) startx
(g) system crashes

Necesaary to reboot the system in single user mode, run fsck -y and then
bring the system up multi-user!!

Does anyone have any ideas about this one??

Thanks

David