Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:34:09 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>, stable-list freebsd <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
Subject:   Re: iwn driver on 7.1

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:17:39 -0600
> Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a working driver for the Intel 4965, aka iwn(4), loaded on my
>> Lenovo X300 running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE (amd64).
>
> FWIW, I am using the latest perforce version of the iwn driver as
> documented here[1] on a ThinkPad T61 running FreeBSD 7.1-stable / i386 -
> no modifications necessary. It works great.
> I just use the p4fetch.rb script to get the driver.
>
> HTH

Since from that address, you are using the latest version of the benjsc
perforce branch, you are probably using the same as I, since I took the
initial version from the sam_vap branch (before vap got introduced).

I do not know how far it is, but there is vap_releng7 in the sam
perforce and projects/vap7 in svn on which Sam Leffler is actively
working:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-projects/2009-January/thread.html

I would like to have if_iwn working on a otherwise unmodified
7.1-RELEASE-pX and help to test it, but maybe waiting on sam to bring
vap to 7 would be a better way to go.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik