Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Rev. Joe Doyle" <doyle@nebcorp.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: APM on IBM TP240

On 2001-06-17, Greg Lehey scribbled:

# Well, it doesn't take long to search for 'apm' in your kernel config
# and find:
#
# > # Power management support (see LINT for more options)
# > device		apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management
#
# Does that word 'disable' give you a clue?  Remove it, or enable
# manually in UserConfig.

Also make sure that APM is enabled in /etc/rc.conf... make sure you have
the following lines in that file:

apm_enable="YES"
apmd_enable="YES"

if either or both have NO, change them to YES... else add them if they
are not there. I have both enabled in my /etc/rc.conf (I have an IBM
Thinkpad T21 with FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE) plus the kernel conf mod... and
it works like a charm. Just need to get sound working now ;-)

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found