Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:23:17 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Dan O'Brien" <dmobrien_2001@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: ATA CDROM Problems 4.6 (and 4.6.1)

--==_Exmh_52496395P

If memory serves me right, "Dan O'Brien" wrote:
> I just upgraded from 4.5 (off the CD Release) to 4.6 (off the CD
> release) and yadda yadda yadda ATA CDROM fails per the Errata (big read
> timeout, etc).

If you feel like patching your 4.6 kernel, try a patch posted by Ian
Dowse...it can be found in the mailing list archives by looking for the
following message ID:

If this works, *please* report this fact to the stable@ list (along with
the dmesg output from your original message).  The RE team needs to have
a better idea as to how well this bugfix solves the READ_BIG problem
that people are seeing...this is (I think) the last major bug on our
list for 4.6.1.  We might combine this with two other related ata(4)
fixes now in -CURRENT.

(FYI, the rough sequence of events for this patch are:  1) MFC to
RELENG_4, 2) MFS to RELENG_4_6, 3) create 4.6.1-RC3 snapshot.)

Thanks,

Bruce.

PS.  "Please report this" applies to anyone reading this email.  Feedback
messages on this issue may or may not be answered, but they'll be
appreciated.

--==_Exmh_52496395P

--==_Exmh_52496395P--