Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 1996 19:03:01 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd question.. ;-)

Peter Wemm wrote:
> > I have not newfs'ed my disk sice 2.0-R, so I suspect you may have to
> > replace the sd0 with sd0s1 or whatever your  boot partition is.
>
> Umm.. you probably should if it's convenient.. (ha! :-)  You may not be
> getting the benefit from clustering.. Do a "tunefs -p /dev/rsd..." and
> see what the "-a" setting is.

That is 7. My Min. Free is 8%, and I remember there was the jitter
(time <-> space) problem with 5%, so I have done _some_ maintenance.

(greps bookshef for usable tape)

> Also, do a "dumpfs /dev/rsd..." and see that it says "no rotational
> position table".. As I understand it, that table causes the blocks to be
> interleaved, defeating any clustering due to "-a".

OK - I have a table. Dwat. How does one kill it?

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key