Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 1996 00:10:11 +0200
From:      Are Bryne <are.bryne@communique.no>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel make fail

Hello,

I would have included my kernel config file, but I don't know how to copy a
file on to a DOS floppy yet... (and the test system is currently=
 non-connected.)
In any case, it's a scaled down GENERIC file.

Towards the end of the 'make' part, I get this message:

kern_sysctl.o: Undefined symbol '_hw_float' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

I've looked around in the kern/ files, and the only one referencing hw_float
is kern_sysctl.c. None reference _hw_float.

I'm using the default math coprocessor library (not the GPL...), and the
test machine does not have a coprecessor built in (386sx).

Would you know where I should look, what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Are Bryne

Communiqu=E9 DA                            Email: admin@communique.no
Gaustadall=E9en 21                         Phone: +47 22 95 86 77
N-0371 Oslo, Norway