Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:46:29 +0200
From:      "Lucien Weller" <lucien@wellernet.ch>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mod_jk with apache2 and tomcat4

Hello!

I'm running Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.12 on a FreeBSD 4.3.2 system. Now I
trying to integrate the two server, but I'm have still some problems.

I could now build the mod_jk.so from jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.12-src
using ant 1.5.

But when U try do start Apache with the newly compiled module (by adding
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so in httpd.conf) I obtain the following
complaint from Apache:
Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol
"pthread_mutex_unlock"

Can anybody help me? It would be very nice, because I alredy spend a lot of
time in solving the problem.

Regards

Lucien