Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:37:50 -0700
From:      "steveb99" <steveb99@earthlink.net>
To:        "sietze" <freebsd@sietze.com>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Newbies FAK

I ran into the same thing a couple weeks ago and not quite sure where to lay
blame other than myself.  If you been trying to go through the install
program a few times it starts appearing like you have done something when
you haven't.

I was running through an install and thought I had select ALL the packages
and finished off the install. Since I had installed before the boot loader
was still there, but it had no kernel to load.  I went through the install
again and made sure the packages were actually selected. FreeBSD installed
and everything is fine.  You could say it's a cosmetic issue that the
installer doesn't echo enough status, or user error. I look at it as being
both.

Steve B.