Date:      Thu, 03 Sep 1998 00:17:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS stable before release?

> Is anyone currently working on getting NFS fixed before the 3.0 release? If

Yes, we have just today made arrangements with another BSD developer
to jump in and work on this.  I won't say who that developer is, but I
will say that I have a good deal of confidence in his ability to
accomplish notable things in short periods of time, and it certainly
doesn't hurt that he's extremely familiar with the code.  More than
that I cannot say until I at least see some of the preliminary
results.  Given that we only started today, everyone should also give
this process just a little time to ramp up. :)

And yes, I'm very interested in reproducible failure scenarios.  If
you have such a case and would like to be part of the testing/bug-fixing
loop, please send me a short email indicating as much.  If you have any
PRs currently in the database concerning reproducible failure scenarios,
please indicate those as well and I'll make a note of them next to
your name.  This list will then be passed on to the developer in question
for reference.  I've already added Kevin Day in as the first entry. :)

- Jordan