Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 15:46:07 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        "Corey Brune" <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org, Joe.Warner@smed.com, wmoran@iowna.com (Bill Moran)
Subject:   Re: Help Desk App for FreeBSD

Ok, I'll check it out.

Thanks for the info/response!

Joe

                    "Corey Brune"
                    <brune@sdf.lon        To:     wmoran@iowna.com (Bill Moran)
                    estar.org>            cc:     Joe.Warner@smed.com,
                                          FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
                    05/29/01 02:52        Subject:     Re: Help Desk App for FreeBSD
                    PM

Try http://keystone.whitepj.net. The app is written in php, and uses almost
any database.

Corey

Bill Moran

> Joe.Warner@smed.com wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> > Before I start looking at commercial solutions, I was
> > just wondering if anyone on this list knows about a web
> > based Help Desk application that would run on FreeBSD.
> >
> > Our current Help Desk application is running on a Lotus Notes
> > database via Domino on the AS/400.  Our users access the
> > database with the Lotus Notes 5.0.5 client on WIN NT/2K.  This
> > application is outdated and I feel a web based solution would
> > better serve our needs.
> >
> > I'm currently running Apache 1.3.6 on a FreeBSD 3.4 box but
> > plan to upgrade to FreeBSD 4.2 or 4.3, along with the most
> > current versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL soon.
> >
> > The Help Desk application I'm looking for would, at the minimum,
> > provide an interface that our users could access through any
> > web browser, fill in their name, contact info and information
> > regarding the problem they are experiencing, click a "submit"
> > button and be issued a confirmation number.  There would be
> > a queue that our IT staff could check for new requests that they
> > could then assign to the appropriate personnel, based on their
> > individual area of expertise.  We would need to have the ability
> > to update requests with text and the person who submitted the
> > request would need to be able to view the status.  We would
> > also need to be able to pull up statistics like the number and
> > type of requests (open/closed) that have been submitted over
> > a given period and how many/type have been closed by each
> > member of our staff.
> >
> > Is there any app or way I could do this on FreeBSD?
>
> A search on sourceforge turns up a number of projects to create
> web-based helpdesks. You'll probably need a few days of research to
> evaluate all of them and determine what looks promising to you. I'd be
> interested to know what you determine, as I'll be in need of a similar
> application soon.
>
> -Bill

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you