Date:      Fri, 07 May 2010 11:53:03 +0200
From:      Bastien Semene <bsemene@cyanide-studio.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Number of columns when redirecting ps command stdout to a file

Hi list,

I wish to log the 'ps' command output in a file through a cron job.
If I execute the command on the console, the result lines are truncated
depending on the number of columns of the client console, what is fine.

But when the command is executed by cron and redirected to a file,
there's a maximum of 80 char columns. Where is set this limitation ? How
can I remove it ?

Thanks for your help, and sorry if it is a newbie question but I really
can't figure out what is limiting the output.

--
Bastien Semene