Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 15:38:53 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        the revolution will not be televised <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm rather annoyed with -current.

> Uhm... not to sound patronizing, but this has been discussed already.
> You have to do the following things:

Yes, I know it's been discussed already (though I somehow didn't flash
on the rpcgen stuff until later - it's been a pretty busy week, OK?
My cache was flushed several times :-) but it's still largely irrelevant.

The tree is broken.  It should be fixed.  It should require NO, NADA,
NONE, ZIP, ZERO special actions to allow a `make world' to work and if
we've screwed up the toolchain dependencies then we need to fix those
or we need to eliminate the dependencies altogether.  I don't think
that this is too much to ask, and the tree has successfully bootstrapped
itself at many times in its history (often from considerably "far
back") and think that, at the very MINIMUM, -current should always be
capable of bootstrapping itself from the last major release.

This is not the case now, the tree is broken.  QED.

						Jordan