Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:23:50 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alex <alexb@netservicesplc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom_eli related panic on sparc64

--SCOJXUq1iwCn05li

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 07:04:39PM +0100, Alex wrote:
+> Hi,
+>=20
+> I've been playing around with geom_eli for disk encryption as it can use
+> hardware acceleration cards such as the soekris 1401 to speed things up.
+> However, whenever I run "geli attach" to attach a geli device, I get a
+> kernel panic. The device in question is one slice of a geom_mirror RAID
+> array -- I have not tested an individual device to determine whether this
+> makes any difference.

This was a bug in md5 implementation, its already fixed in RELENG_6 (the
fix will be included in 6.1).

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--SCOJXUq1iwCn05li