Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:16:48 -0000
From:      "James C. Cox" <JCox@futuresource.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Net. Install

Hi,

I thought I would have a look at your Unix product to familiarise my self with some Unix like systems but am running into some problems with the initial install.

I have made the boot disk from the image file from your web site and let it auto boot the OS into the kernel Configuration screen.
>From here I have set-up the various drivers for my hardware with no conflicts, including the Intel EtherExpress pro/10 Ethernet adapter.
Unfortunately the last section of the probing screen scrolls by to quickly to see if the ex0 device was initialised.

>From within the install application I have created the master partition and then sub-partitioned this into:  /  swap  /usr
and then Selected the distributions to extract.

The next section is where I am having the problem.

Media

FTP passive

Network interface information required.

There is no option to install via my network, all I get are the serial port or parallel port options, and as I have a T1 link to the Internet via my network it was my intention to use this.

Any suggestions.

With regards

James