Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:34:32 -0400
From:      David Banning <david+dated+1098070473.6eafc9@skytracker.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw - denying all - what port for OE

I am attempting to block everything except ports 80, 110, 25 and a
few others, but I can't seem to get Outlook Express mail clients
to collect mail on the network. Does anyone happen to know what
ports they use? I have tried 110, 25, 443 and about 20 others.

I tried using tcpdump to track the activity when I have all ports
open and use OE, but it seems to use a different port each time:
ports like 2843 and other non-allocated port numbers.