Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:57:34 -0500
From:      Rob <lists@midsummerdream.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No Device Node assigned for HD?

I should clarify my statement a bit.  FreeBSD notices the channel
starting up when the disk is inserted, but it doesn't recognize that
there is a disk there.  I usually see something like:

da2 at hptrr0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
da2: <HPT DISK 0_2 4.00> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device

once I insert a disk, but I see nothing but the channel start up when I
insert this new disk.  I've had a 500GB drive in this channel previously
and it was identified correctly, so I know the channel on the card is ok.

I've also updated to the latest firmware on the card and as expected, no
change.  So I guess the question is, why isn't FreeNSD recognizing the disk?

Rob