Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:42:53 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

--Boundary-02=_NgC7AcddpQFgb2e

On Wednesday 2004-07-07 11:07 am, Steve Kargl wrote:

> It is Kirk's incessant rambling that ezm3 isn't portable to other OSes;
> therefore, csup should be in the base system that I find illogical.=20

You're either on crack or a liar.  I said this, once:

    cvsup is so absolutely necessary for system maintenance that it seems
    like a logical addition.=20

and then never said anything more about putting csup in the base system.

The rest of my involvement in the thread was a discussion of the=20
shortcomings of ezm3 as I see them and why I thought that using a version=20
in a more popular language would be a good thing.

If you want to civilly debate my arguments, I'll be happy to discuss them=20
with you.  If you insist putting words in my mouth, though, then I'm done=20
with you.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser