Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:14:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd with wrappers built-in

You can recompile with the wrappers patch attached.
However, in FreeBSD, most of the daemons you are interested
in are built with wrappers, a functionality not found in
the Linux implementations.  For instance, inetd in 3.3 and
later is wrappers ready and you do not even need to refer to
the tcpd daemon.

As for host.deny, this file is not longer used in 3.3 and
later.  If you have installed the tcp_wrappers port in 3.4,
you should remove the port and use the built in
functionality.

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *
*All ORBS.org SMTP connections are denied!     *