Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:31:04 +0000
From:      Antony T Curtis <antony.t.curtis@ntlworld.com>
To:        Bob Dixon <Bob.Dixon@sas.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java Obfuscators

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 20:05, Bob Dixon wrote:
>   My group is developing in Java on FreeBSD, and we're interested in using an obfuscator to prevent reverse-engineering.  Can anyone recommend one that runs on FreeBSD?  Thanks!

Jopt does a pretty good job of obfuscating... and results in
lighter-weight executables in the process.

For added bonus, you can use it on your java runtime jars for faster
startup time. Warning - it does make debugging more difficult.

--
Antony T Curtis BSc     Unix Analyst Programmer
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/antony.t.curtis/