Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:28:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Previous Message on /etc/defaults

I, personally, have no need of /etc/defaults and typically disable it,
anyway.

Since the whole thing is environment variables, why not make /etc/rc.conf
and /etc/make.conf _include_ the ones in /etc/defaults (first thing in the
file) (if they exist, obviously)? At which point, those of us who don't
use the features [of the defaults] can simply copy the onese in the
defaults directory over the ones in /etc (thus putting the entire file in
completely AND removing the inclusion of /etc/defualts files...  This,
also, enforces the idea that defaults are defaults and the ones in the etc
directory are the final authority.

Just an idea :)

--
Close your eyes.  Now forget what you see.  What do you feel? --
My heart. --  Come here. --  Your heart. --  See?  We're exactly the same.

	Jon Smith -- Senior Math Major @ Purdue