Date:      Fri, 23 May 2008 10:24:02 +0530
From:      "N. Raghavendra" <raghu@mri.ernet.in>
To:        RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd behind a proxy

At 2008-05-23T01:03:56+01:00, RW wrote:

> You might conceivably need to set ftp_proxy and the capitalised
> versions: HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY, but I think everything should
> fall-back to http_proxy.

Not everything, perhaps.  E.g., fetch(3) does --- for FTP requests it
uses the first variable that is set among FTP_PROXY, ftp_proxy,
HTTP_PROXY, and http_proxy.  AFAIK, wget(1) doesn't --- if ftp_proxy
is unset, it doesn't use a proxy for FTP requests, even if http_proxy
is set.

Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | http://www.retrotexts.net/