Date:      Sat, 04 Mar 2000 23:32:59 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   japanese/pine [was Re: BROKEN_ELF ports]

Hi,

I looked at japanese/pine a bit more closely.  One of the things I've
been concerned about was it uses japanese/mimekit, whose source is now
included in net/delegate's distfile, which is known to be insecure.

As I looked at mimekit source code, sprintf() is used in more than
just a few places.  Since I haven't looked at the code too closely,
I'm not so sure if they immediately cause security problems, but I
have a feeling they probably would.

Because of this, I'm now inclined to remove mimekit and ja-pine unless
someone else would like to maintain them, of course after modifying
them to be secure.

Any comments?

     Cheers,
Max