Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:18:09 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What does "Voxware still supported in 4.0" mean exactly?

At 10:01 AM -0800 2000/3/23, Mike Smith wrote:

>  At last count, I think we've bought, borrowed and cajoled about twenty or
>  so cards and sent them off to Cameron.  I don't know what makes you think
>  that we're _entirely_ stupid or greedy, especially since it's not like
>  it's a secret or anything that we do this regularly.

	Here's another idea -- make a list of cards that you know of that
there are problems with, but that you guys can't find.  Some of us
might happen to frequent computer shows or have some old hardware we
can scrounge up, and might be willing to give that to you (to give to
Cameron), or trade them for X future issues of the CD-ROM sets.

	I certainly don't mind spending $25 (or $50, or $100) to help
support the FreeBSD project, and I don't really care too much how I
spend that money.  I'd prefer to spend it in a way that materially
helps the project, and it seems to me that helping to find and donate
bleeding-edge or ancient hardware for which we do not have good
support might be a better way to do that than to buy a subscription
of coasters.

	A central database done with PHP3+MySQL of hardware you're
specifically looking for shouldn't be too hard to implement, should
it?