Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 20:56:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Damien DIXSAUT <damien@cristal.cristal.asso.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with SCSI 2940 when reboot

      Hello everyone,

   I have a strange problem with FreeBSD and my SCSI card:
-When I first boot the system (after at least 5 seconds power
off), disks are correctly recognized by the card.
-When I reboot the system (either soft reboot with 'reboot'
command or hard reboot with reboot button), no more SCSI
devices are recognized by the card and no SCSI BIOS is
installed.
 I have to power off the system for several seconds and power
on again to get my SCSI devices up again !

   My configuration:

   OS:          FreeBSD 2.2.2 RELEASE
   SCSI card:   Adaptec 2940A (Ultra SCSI)
   Hard drive:  Quantum Fireball 3 Go SCSI
   Motherboard: Asus T2P4
   CD-ROM:      Antique 2X with Sony Interface
   CPU:         Intel Pentium 75
   Memory:      48 Mo

 The problem seems to be related to FreeBSD, because when I
use another OS (Dos from boot disquette), it doesn't occur.

 If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate.

By the way, The SCSI part of my kernel config:

options         SCSI_DELAY=5
# A single entry for any of these controllers (ncr, ahb, ahc, amd) is
# sufficient for any number of installed devices.
#controller     ncr0
#controller     amd0
#controller     ahb0
controller      ahc0
#controller     bt0     at isa? port "IO_BT0" bio irq ? vector bt_isa_intr
#controller     uha0    at isa? port "IO_UHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector
# uhaintr
#controller     aha0    at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector
# ahaintr
#controller     aic0    at isa? port 0x340 bio irq 11 vector aicintr
#controller     nca0    at isa? port 0x1f88 bio irq 10 vector ncaintr
#controller     nca1    at isa? port 0x350 bio irq 5 vector ncaintr
#controller     sea0    at isa? bio irq 5 iomem 0xc8000 iosiz 0x2000 vector
# seaintr

controller      scbus0

device          sd0
device          od0     #See LINT for possible `od' options.

#device         st0

device          cd0     #Only need one of these, the code dynamically grows

#device         wt0     at isa? port 0x300 bio irq 5 drq 1 vector wtintr
#device         mcd0    at isa? port 0x300 bio irq 10 vector mcdintr

#controller     matcd0  at isa? port 0x230 bio

device          scd0    at isa? port 0x340 bio

---
Damien DIXSAUT
French Computer Science Student
damien@cristal.asso.fr