Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:30:29 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, PetBuilder <petbuilder@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Packages.

On Monday 01 October 2001 01:50 pm, David Johnson wrote:
[...]
> The proper course of action when seeking a technical answer is to first
> check the Handbook then the FAQ. If nothing in there, then join the
> freebsd-questions list.

Good advice.  Actually its not necessary to join the freebsd-questions
mailing list to post a question to there.  Typically, you will be copied on
any responses to your question.  Its also a high-volume list so I prefer to
read it online:

	http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/current/freebsd-questions.html

Most all of the lists can be read online if you don't care to have all the
email.  Lots of tips and information can be had just by following the lists
casually on subjects that interest you.

Another resource to check before posting a question is the mailing list
archives:

I've found that many questions have been asked before and answered.  Just be
watchful on how old the information is.  It might be relevant only to an
older version of FreeBSD.

Hope this helps make finding information a little easier.

Randy