Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:27:59 -0500
From:      "Joseph Wright" <jwright@mbakercorp.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
Subject:   Re: Moving MySQL Databases

You can move the databases with the MySQL mysqldump utility.

mysqldump -u <username> -p <databasename>  > <databasename>.dmp

it will then prmpt you for a password and then dump your database into
a file with sql insert statements.

to import first create the database then run:

mysql -u <username> -p <databasename> < <databasename>.dmp

>>> Jason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org> 12/27/01 11:42AM >>>
Does anyone know how to move MySQL databases from one box to another?=20
 I am upgrading my server and I would like to move my Qmail and=20
Apache databases over.  It would be a nightmare to have to recreate=20
them from scratch.

Thanks for any help.

Jason
jason@jason-n3xt.org=20