Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:05:03 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@freebsd.org>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make an Intel EtherExpress known to xe(4)?

> From: Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
> Date: 27 Jan 2003 23:58:42 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Greg Lehey <grog@freebsd.org> writes:
>
> > Yes, I reported a similar problem with a Xircom card (the thick red
> > one with the RJ-45 connector, if that's enough to identify it; sorry,
> > I don't have net connectivity at the moment) a while back.
>
> I have this one.
> It's Xircom RealPort(TM) Ethernet 10/100, RE-100. Isn't it?
> Should I try.. what?

It should be fixed in current any time now. The Xircom teats FCS as
part of the frame, but neglected to pass that information on to the
system. 4.7 has  the same problem, but didn't complain.

Check the archives for a patch. It was posted over the weekend, I
think.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)