Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:00:42 +0300
From:      Vladimir Terziev <vladimir.terziev@sun-fish.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quagga & ripd difficulty

	Hi All,

	i try to set up quagga to route my VPNs. I use RIP (served by quagga's ripd) as routing protocol. All works fine, but i have difficulties with equal-cost routes.
	Now the problem ...

	One of my VPN peer servers has two VPN connections to every one of the other VPN peers. For quagga these are 2 equal-cost routes. When both of the VPN connections are established, quagga randomly preffers one of them and routes all VPN traffic via it. When one of the connections is not present (not connected) the VPN traffic is routed via the connected one. All this is fine, but i have the desire one of the routes to be prefferable when both of them are present. I mean the following ... if i have

	Net-1 <-> VPN-Peer-1  <----- A -----> VPN-Peer-2 <-> Net-2
	Net-1 <-> VPN-Peer-1  <----- B -----> VPN-Peer-2 <-> Net-2

	quagga to create a route between Net-1 and Net-2 always via connection A if both of the connections are present.

	Any ideas are welcome!

	Thanks in advance!

		Vladimir