Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 08:26:43 -0700
From:      patl@asimov.volant.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netmask in iijppp

Can I set the netmask in the ppp.conf or ppp.linkup file?  If so, how?
If not, what is the right way/place to set a netmask for a tun device
used as a full-time link?  As an occasional link?

(As you have probably inferred, I've split my class C network into
subnets; but tun0 is starting up with 0xffffff00 as the netmask instead
of 0xffffffc0.  For now, I'm fixing it via manual ifconfig; but I'd like
to make it automatic; and I want it to actually be linked to the startup
of the ppp process rather than an ifconfig in the rc file, if possible.)

Thanks,
-Pat