Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:43:37 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: KDE2 import into tree

Hello,

I am going to begin my initial committing of KDE 2 into the ports tree. At
this time, I have successfully built kdelibs2+kde-qt-addon, of the April
14, 2000 snapshots. They require Qt 2.1.

I will also be importing a few other KDE2 things, such as kdeadmin,
kdebase, kdegraphics, kdegames, kdemultimedia, kdenetwork, kdetoys,
koffice, korganizer, kdesupport, and maybe one or two other things.

One thing that should happen while this is going on is the change of
USE_QT2 to use the newer 2.1 release. I'm hoping for input from Imura about
this.. I think most Qt2-based ports should be able to convert to Qt 2.1
fairly easily, if not instantly.

Comments, thoughts, helpful hints?

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>