Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 09:01:29 -0700
From:      Ryan.Gamo@sce.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: signal 11

I think there may be something wrong with the 3.4 software installer.  Just
my 2 cents.

Possibly a bad memory leak? Faulty pointer assignment? I doubt it's
hardware if you can run the system, install other OS's, etc without
problems. Any further ideas? I was planning on upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4...
I'm thinking twice about that.

                               Ryan M. Gamo
                      IT Application Services - TDBU
                 Phone: (626)308-6696 * Fax: (626)308-6390
                      Pager: (888)586-7992 PIN 318489
                             "KNOW YOUR ROLE"

                    "David Burger"
                    <david.burger@usa.net>           To:     <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
                    Sent by:                         cc:
                    owner-freebsd-questions@F        Subject:     RE: signal 11
                    reeBSD.ORG

                    05/17/2000 08:53 AM
                    Please respond to
                    david.burger

Hmmm....  I am no expert but I don't think the problem is bad hardware...

When I try to load 3.4 I get the same signal 11 error when I hit Custom for
the install type.  Every time.  This same machine was running 2.2.8 for
almost a year with no problems.  I installed 3.2 and 3.3 on it with no
difficulties and it is now running 4.0 for about a week.  The only version
ever had problems with was 3.4.  This signal 11 error occurred when I used
the CD or downloaded from the web.

I think there may be something wrong with the 3.4 software installer.  Just
my 2 cents.

David Burger
E-Mail: david.burger@usa.net
PGP Public Key is available at:
   http://www.deadbbs.com/pgp/

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Isaac Asimov