Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:52:23 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Adding to standard include path (GCC)

Hello all,

I'm a starter to programming in FreeBSD after a few years in Visual C++ a=
nd=20
would like to delve deeper into it. But I have a few questions which I ne=
ed=20
answers. I hope it wouldn't be too much a burden to you.

I have two gccs installed, 2.95.4 (stock gcc) and 3.1.1.=20

1) How do add to the standard include path to a path that I designated wi=
thout=20
using the -I flag or is it fixed only to /usr/local/include and /usr/incl=
ude.

2) I notice that the gcc31 include files does not contain the standard C=20
headers ie stdio.h, assert.h etc. Does this mean whenever I want to link =
to=20
the header, it is sufficient to use the ones in /usr/include?

3) I notice too that there are many C++ and STL include files I'm getting=
=20
confused on which ones to use. The files are located at /usr/include/g++,=
=20
/usr/local/lib/i386-portbld-freebsd4.7/3.1.1/include/g++v3 and=20
/usr/local/lib/i386-portbld-freebsd4.7/3.1.1/include/g++v3/backward. Can=20
someone enlighten me on which one should I use. I intend on programming=20
purely in C++ with the exception that in later date, I might be forced to=
 use=20
some of the C include files.

Thank you very much in advance.