Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:23:57 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        rward@netcom.ca, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IMAP

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 at 18:35 SAT, Ryan Ward wrote:

> What are peoples experience with imap type email clients and servers?
> Curious whether people hate it or have probs with it.

IMAP can be the solution to many problems and headaches, if correctly
implemented.  POP was a curiously incomplete protocol - more a kludge than
anything else.

Have a look at:
  http://www.imap.org/

To the best of my knowledge, none of the current batch of Windows mail
clients support IMAP correctly/completely.  This will change, I think.

-- V

Johann Visagie | wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878 | ICQ: 20645559