Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:27:09 -0700
From:      bof <bof@pcisys.net>
To:        alane@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is CUPS set up for a parallel printer?

Hello,

I'm running a standalone workstation with a HP Laserjet 4 printer
installed as a local printer running from the system parallel port.
The system OS if FreeBSD 4.7.

After installing the packaged version for CUPS-1.1.15 I found that it
apparently does not support a parallel port setup, as none of these
choices were listed in the drop-down box when running the web
configuration setup.

I then tried the version from ports, and after compilation, it did the
same thing.

Was CUPS-1.1.15 set up for a parallel port printer when you ported it?

If it was, have you any ideas as to why it is not showing up in the
choices?

If CUPS was not set up this way, may I suggest that you do so when you
port version 1.1.16?

Thanx.

BOF

BTW, I also tried installing 1.1.16. There are apparently errors in
where it looks for files, as I got installation stoppages when trying
to compile SFonts.cxx  --- file not found errors from a path problem.
If you'd like, I can send them to you ....