Date:      Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:25:37 -0500
From:      "Mark A-J. Raught (from the laptop)" <mraught@acm.org>
To:        mark <reveille@burntmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prism card shopping... lost

mark wrote:

>I am looking for a good wireless card for my sony vaio... i had a rather odd prismII milan shairoffice one, but I couldn't get it configured, so I dont think its compatible.
>
>Whats a sure-fire pcmcia wi card i should get and know it'll work in my fbsd 4.7 box with ease?
>
>thanks in advance,
>mark case

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message

Mark,
    The two I have are the Linksys wpc11 and a Belkin F5D6020 (got a
free PCI adapter with this one) that both work great. They both work
with the wi driver and both work with the BSD Airtools. I seem to
remember someone saying recently on the list that newer wpc11 cards are
no longer compatible, but I may be thinking of something else. I would
definitely recommend both of these cards. The Belkin was only 39.99 with
free PCI adapter at Office Max a couple months back. It looks like they
have the same special every couple of weeks though if you are a little
patient.

-mark