Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:02:09 -0500
From:      "AlCapone" <chicago30s@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ATI rage pro and d-link DFE530-TX+

Hello there,

I have tried almost every combination of slots (where to set nic/video), and
still no luck...

cheers,
AlCapone
What is difficult take time, what is impossible takes a little longer

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:37:05 -0500
"AlCapone" <chicago30s@yahoo.com> wrote:

> and thats it. After that last line my computer just freezes - ctrl-alt-del
> doesn't work :)
> If I take out the nic, and try to boot up everything works fine. I dont
> know what happens if I take out video - 'm not skilled enough to work
> without monitor.
> Now, another question is - if there is problem between nic and video, why
> does booting up stops at loading keyboard drivers?
> Another thing, why does it see both nic and video on pci0 and they both
> have irqs of 0? That doesn't look right...
> It is freebsd 4.4 release (from cd), fresh installed - thought problem
> might've been in my kernel, so reinstalled the whole thing just to be on
> the safe side - with generic kernel, both of this hardware pieces work
> 100% separaterly.
> Any suggestoins anyone?

Sounds like you have an IRQ conflict. Try putting the NIC in a different
slot; that might shuffle the IRQs a bit.

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net