Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:58:31 -0500
From:      Scott Corey <scott@bsdprophet.org>
To:        Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde3

Why do that when you can just use pkg_add -v ftp.site_where_package_is.com/location/  and the package will be installed.

Now with kde3, just remember that NO kde packages or QT packages be installed prior to installation of kde3. In other words, if you have kde2 or less installed now, remove it before installation of kde3.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:06:26PM -0700, Dale Morris wrote:
> I'm *learning* about ports and packages and such. I'm wondering if I
> download all the KDE3 packages from the KDE/FreeBSD tree to a directory
> can I install it with pkg_add? Are there any hidden problems I need to
> know about?
>
> thanks

Scott B. Corey				       /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
scott@bsdprophet.org			       \ /    Respect for open standards
irc.openprojects.net				X     No HTML/RTF in email
scott@osef.org				       / \    No M$ Word docs in email