Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 08:00:28 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
To:        lambert.org!terry@werple.net.au (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Re: POSIX 1003.1b compliance (timespec revisited)

> > > Not to mention that "time" in kernel.h is referenced directly instead
> > > of via a macro.  8-(.
> > >
> > > The cleanup on these things should probably wait until after David
> > > Greenman integrates the Lite2 code.  I think NetBSD did this some
> > > time ago.
> > >

> > For those of us, myself included, what is this 'Lite2' code ??

[...]
> FreeBSD is based on the 4.4BSD-Lite code, and has not imported all of
> the Lite2 improvements, but plans to.

Regardless of when Lite2 is imported, renaming ts_sec to tv_sec and ts_nsec
to tv_nsec could take place now. The change doesn't affect the design of the
code, and as far as I can see, there are no places where ts_sec or ts_nsec
are used for anything other than fields in the timespec structure.

[ And even the bogus build process can handle this change! ]

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street