Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 20:16:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kenneth R. Westerback" <krw@tcn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS/NCR/Symbios SC875 - why doesn't my LED blink?

I just installed a new ASUS SC875 SCSI card in my machine and after some
pains managed to hookup the LED cable to my front panel.  When I run
Windows 95/NT the light blinks whenever there is activity on the SCSI bus,
to the disk or the CDROM.  When I am running FreeBSD (2.2-STABLE ctm'ed
through 289) the light does not blink despite significant disk activity.

How does FreeBSD disable/avoid the LED? Why? Is there a way to turn it
back on? I'm easily amused.

---- Ken